Русский

Bogdanov-Bel’sky, Nikolay
(1868–1945)
View exposition

Academician of the Imperial Academy of Fine Arts (1903).
Full member of the Imperial Academy of Fine Arts (1914).
Member of the Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions (1895).
Awarded Third Degree Three Star Order (1936).

Studied at school of Sergei Rachinsky and took lessons in icon-painting workshop at Troitsa-Sergeyevsky Monastery.

He studied at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture in the class of Vasily Polenov, Vladimir Makovsky, Illarion Pryanishnikov and in the the St. Petersburg.

Imperial Academy of Arts (1890s) in the class of Ilya Repin. He also visited art studios of french teachers Fernan Kormon and Filippo Kolarossi. Later he worked in Munich and Italy.

In 1889 he was awarded a large silver medal and the title of the class artist.

From 1909 to 1921 he was a chairman of the Society named after Arkhip Kuindzhi.

Since 1921 he lived in Latvia.

Bogdanov-Bel’sky paintings can be found in the Tretyakov Gallery (Moscow), State Russian Museum (St. Petersburg), Taganrog Museum of Art, National Art Museum of Belarus, the Tver Regional Picture Gallery, Prague National Gallery, National Art Museum, State  Art Museum of Khanty- Mansiysk and in many major regional museums and private collections.

Exhibitions:

From 1890 to 1918 he participated in the exhibitions of the creative Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions. He also took part in many exhibitions in Paris (1909, 1921, 1931),  Rome (1911), Riga (1921), New York (1924), Pittsburgh (1925 ), Prague (1928), Copenhagen (1929), Amsterdam (1930), Berlin (1930), Belgrade (1930), Moscow (1941).

Personal exhibitions:

He held solo exhibitions in the Riga City Art Museum (1921, 1922, 1923, 1936, 1938 1940).



Online exposition

(to enlarge the image click on it)

Only signed in users can view this artist paintings.